My photo
Life = Art = Life. Welcome to my blog about my acting work in film and tv, the music I write and play, the cycling I am addicted to, the photography I cherish...and all of the other things I like to do. I have just completed cycling the 2010 1000Mile Challenge, an 1100+mile long cycle journey from Land's End in Cornwall (UK) to John O'Groats, Scotland. We are making a human drama/travel documentary of the ride, which we completed in 10 days. Yes, that's an average of a cool 110miles a day, but there were some 135mile days in there too... So hook up, jump on, tuck in and enjoy the drama! Allez, allez!

Tuesday 18 May 2010

T minus 6 before the 2010 1000Miles Challenge is go...

With less than one week to go, stress levels keep going into the red. There simply are so many things to organise still and so little time to do it in. And it has become rather complicated due to my workload at Pitch International creeping into this week because of the tricky availability of XDCam machines... All in all it looks like I will have to continue doing (very) late nights at work the rest of the week while organising meetings with sponsors Brixton Cycles, Action Cameras, ThreeFeetHigh Productions, a meet-and-greet at the Eden Project on day 1 of the ride, and and and...
I have already been here several consecutive days now until the early hours of the morning trying to get it all done... Not the best way of preparing for a daily dose of over 100miles on the bike, and quite the opposite of what I had planned. But, needs must, and the scripts need to be ready for the show my colleagues Julian, Ian, Marie et al. are putting together, so I will have to just bank on my mental strength pulling me through the first days of the ride. Not the most pleasant of prospects as the consensus is that Cornwall and Devon are the toughest days... Truth be told though - I can hardly wait. Making a documentary while cycling almost 1100 miles in 10 days and raising money for Project Peru and Communities Empowerment Network is a big challenge I can't wait to meet head-on!

No comments:

Post a Comment