My photo
Life = Art = Life. Welcome to my blog about my acting work in film and tv, the music I write and play, the cycling I am addicted to, the photography I cherish...and all of the other things I like to do. I have just completed cycling the 2010 1000Mile Challenge, an 1100+mile long cycle journey from Land's End in Cornwall (UK) to John O'Groats, Scotland. We are making a human drama/travel documentary of the ride, which we completed in 10 days. Yes, that's an average of a cool 110miles a day, but there were some 135mile days in there too... So hook up, jump on, tuck in and enjoy the drama! Allez, allez!

Thursday 20 May 2010

The jerseys look COOOOOOL!

Today was the second pay-off day. The first was last week, when I went to Brixton Cycles to pick up the box of spares for the ride they so kindly provided us with. And today was the day the jerseys would get done. It's a bit like finally getting to do the painting after a lot of building work - you get to see the fruits of your work! Getting to this stage with the jerseys was not a straightforward trajectory though. Getting logo's of the right resolution from Communities Empowerment Network never materialised, and Arthritis Research took hours and almost ten people's involvement to send a logo which we could not use in the end anyway due ton its format and colouring. So unfortunately only Project Peru made it onto the jersey.
I had also been in touch with a number of jersey manufacturers, but costs were high for the limited amount of jerseys we needed and lead times of 8 weeks were just not realistic either as we were still trying to get more sponsors to come on board. And as soon as the words 'Charity Ride' and 'discount/sponsorship' were mentioned the door closed. So in the end I bought a bunch of jerseys from eBay and decided to have a local company put transfers on them. This would be the quickest and cheapest solution. After one local outfit told me at the last minute the job was actually too big for them after initially having accepted the order I came to Microtees. The reception was friendly, they tried hard to accommodate our needs despite being very busy, and agreed to a friendly price as we needed these jerseys for a charity ride. To save time I actually helped put the transfers on, something I very much enjoyed doing as it felt I was making the jerseys come to life myself after all this planning! The end result looks pretty darn good!

No comments:

Post a Comment