My photo
Life = Art = Life. Welcome to my blog about my acting work in film and tv, the music I write and play, the cycling I am addicted to, the photography I cherish...and all of the other things I like to do. I have just completed cycling the 2010 1000Mile Challenge, an 1100+mile long cycle journey from Land's End in Cornwall (UK) to John O'Groats, Scotland. We are making a human drama/travel documentary of the ride, which we completed in 10 days. Yes, that's an average of a cool 110miles a day, but there were some 135mile days in there too... So hook up, jump on, tuck in and enjoy the drama! Allez, allez!

Monday 17 May 2010

Choosing sleep over riding my bike...or not? (part 1)

I might just have to revise my attendance to tomorrow's training ride...not because I don't want to, quite the contrary, but because I don't want to burn myself out before next week. Together with colleagues from Pitch International I have just been to the local pub here in Shepherd's Bush to meet the company's chairman Trevor East and Input Media's chairman David Wood. It was a great opportunity to talk about the documentary we are making of the 2010 1000Mile Challenge and to do some networking. I did not stay the entire evening as the stack of work on my desk will not go away by itself, so I was back behind my desk before 19.30. I have been working hard all evening as well as at times laughing my socks off about some of the stories the Dutch ex-internationals on these disks were recounting. And it is now 2am. I am very tired after the past few weeks of organising so many things, and decide it would be better to rest well this Saturday instead of caning it on the Surrey hills. I know myself - going slow is not something I am very good at! All too aware that Exhaustion is one of the doors in the hallway I am in, I decide to go through the door called Rest instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment