My photo
Life = Art = Life. Welcome to my blog about my acting work in film and tv, the music I write and play, the cycling I am addicted to, the photography I cherish...and all of the other things I like to do. I have just completed cycling the 2010 1000Mile Challenge, an 1100+mile long cycle journey from Land's End in Cornwall (UK) to John O'Groats, Scotland. We are making a human drama/travel documentary of the ride, which we completed in 10 days. Yes, that's an average of a cool 110miles a day, but there were some 135mile days in there too... So hook up, jump on, tuck in and enjoy the drama! Allez, allez!

Friday 14 May 2010

Soooo much to do but soooo little time to do it all in...

I have been absolutely inundated with work the last two weeks or so, and not all of it has been organising things around the upcoming 1100miler or preproduction stuff around the documentary. I also do a lot of work for various sports tv production companies who I help with translations of Dutch, German and French footage so they can go in the edit suite with a script. It's a fun job. But over these past weeks and the week ahead the amount of work coming my way has just skyrocketed. I know, it's a bit of a luxury problem, but it does mean many red-eye nights trying to get all of this time-sensitive work done as well as sort things out for the ride.

So, it's Friday today, and tomorrow we are planning to ride our last big training ride in preparation of the Challenge ride next week Saturday. I would have really liked to do a 100miler, but as it turns out Ollie and Damian need to be back by 2pm, quickly putting paid to that idea. We'll now aim for as long a ride as we can muster in the hours between 9.30 and 14.00. The route plan from our meeting point at the Cafe by Roehampton Gate in Richmond Park would have taken us through the Surrey countryside to Upton Grey near Basingstoke then towards Reading and from there back into London. With time at a premium however, we'll just follow Ollie's inbuilt compass and head towards Box Hill and do a smaller loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment